ICON A5 Amphibious Light Sport Airplane – KoreKote Epoxy System (KR24/H225)
- ICON Aircraft had a goal to develop a Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) that was amphibious and had a folding wing design.
- Required that the materials used were incredibly strong and light weight.
- ICON tested several different resin materials to find one that met the required specifications.
- Chose KoreKote epoxy system (KR24/H225) supercharged by SafeResin technology to produce all of the ICON A5 prototype composite components.
- ICON A5 became one of the first amphibious planes with folding wings in the LSA category of aircraft.